skip to main content


Insurance Council of NZ 

Contact your insurance company directly. However, if you have a dispute with your insurance ICNZ can help you navigate the disputes process.

If this is you call ICNZ on +64 4 472 5230 or email


To learn more about EQC cover for storm damage and landslips visit - EQC
To make an EQC claim visit  EQC Claims or by calling 0800 DAMAGE (0800 326 243)

Residential Advisory Services

If you are facing challenges in getting your home repaired or rebuilt contact Residential Advisory Service

The Residential Advisory Service (RAS) assist homeowners who are yet to finalise their earthquake or natural disaster insurance claim/s where they: 

  • disagree with another party over their repair or rebuild
  • are frustrated or confused about the complex matters involved in getting their homes rebuilt or repaired, or 
  • communication has broken down with the insurer or EQC. 

If this is you call RAS on +64 3 379 7027 or 0800 777 299 to start the simple three-step process. 

Disclaimers and Copyright
While every endeavour has been taken by the to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date, shall not be liable for any loss suffered through the use, directly or indirectly, of information on this website. Information contained has been assembled in good faith. Some of the information available in this site is from the New Zealand Public domain and supplied by relevant government agencies. cannot accept any liability for its accuracy or content. Portions of the information and material on this site, including data, pages, documents, online graphics and images are protected by copyright, unless specifically notified to the contrary. Externally sourced information or material is copyright to the respective provider.

© - / +64 6 000 0000 /